I made some more phonics and math resources this weekend. This time I used cheap shot cups (plastic) and sharpie pens to create some cups for a variety of activities.
Activities these could be used for:
- water play, measure and capacity
- sorting phonics beads, beans (see previous post), or other small phonic resources
- use on a light table with gems
- use for play with dry foods such as rice, oats, lentils or cereals
- use with playdough or sand
- use for sorting objects, organising and counting
- use for building towers and stacking
- use for magic tricks
- use in the home corner for role play
- use for colour mixing activities
- use to create a display by putting related objects for each cup/letter/number
- use in group activities to begin a discussion
- use to make smoothies and drink from them!
Give this simple task a try, you could put anything you wish onto the cups, the children will love experimenting with them!